Are your desks eco-friendly? Where are they made?
Yes, our sit-stand desk are eco-friendly for several reasons:
- All of our table tops are built locally in Quebec.
- Our tabletops come from one of the few renewable resources available, wood*.
- We use local wood, which lowers the detrimental effects of transportation.
- We use solid wood, which is the least transformed product available on the market. Solid wood is very durable, which allows our clients to keep their desks much longer than a traditional desk with veneered wood.
- When we ship to Montreal, we do our best to decrease the usage of packaging material. Indeed, we try our best to ship in heavy-duty blankets to minimize our carbon footprint.
- We always prioritize local materials as well as local labour, as this is in line with our devotion to ecological and ethical practices.
We are BCorp. As a Certified B Corporation, we’re part of a global community of businesses working to build a more sustainable economy.* The Shift model is the only one with a laminate top.
Where are they made?
- Our solid wood tabletops and our laminate tabletops are sourced and made locally in Quebec;
- Our Sway/Alive frame, including its motors, is made in the USA;
- Our Ergo frame, including its motors, is made in China; our founders even went there themselves to ensure that the manufacturing process is ethical and that they can deliver a product of the utmost quality.